Bootstrapping MVC is a dive into both Bootstrap version 3.x and the Asp.Net MVC 5. There is a month’s worth of daily lessons in this book based on the blog series, with a deeper dive and more thorough explanations in each chapter.
Want the eBook version? If you’re quick you can get one of a limited number of discounted copies for only $6.99.
The digital version is great and comes in PDF, ePub or Mobi. Use the link above for a great price for a short time.
If you would prefer to get your hands on a physical copy, you can do so through the great folks at Lulu Publishing.
Well, to start:
- It’s a good read with great tips
- The book goes into greater detail in every chapter than the original posts
- There are three overhauls and one entirely new chapter
- You get access to the full source code repository with a branch for every completed chapter
- You will feel good about supporting an author who otherwise does this for free! A fish’s gotta swim, a bird’s gotta eat, and there are costs to running a blog (and a family!)
And, hey, it’s a good body of work! Some of these pages contain code that could save you hours, and experience and anecdotes that can save you days. Here’s just a few things folks are saying about the content in this book:
Thanks for doing this series James. I can’t tell you how much I’ve been enjoying sitting down in the evening and working through the days article. I’ve been working with asp.net MVC with bootstrap for the past year and a half and have still managed to have a ‘ah ha’ moment with nearly every article. – Robert
I’ve learnt so much! Many thanks for the obvious effort you have put into this, be assured its much appreciated. -Karen
Thanks for the series, it was (and still is!) a great read, a learned tons, will be using and abusing many of your tips and tricks. – Jesus
Hi James, thanks for your goodwill in write [sic] this outstanding tutorial.
It was a great inspiration for me! I hope you keep sharing with us your vision for this magnificent framework! Through this work I became a great fan of you! – Wagner
Thanks for your support, and happy coding!